If you want to make your rehearsal dinner unforgettable, you have come to the right place. We have gathered some of the very best tips to help you plan the perfect rehearsal dinner as a “preview” of the Big Day itself. Read on and find out more.
- Choose a venue that’s completely different from your wedding venue. Remember, this is a different event and you will want your guests to actually feel the “diversity”. If you want to, you can even plan your rehearsal dinner at home, over barbecue and beers – and it will be more than accepted to do this.
- Don’t plan too much. You’ve already put a lot of effort into making sure that every single detail of the Big Day is in its own place – you don’t have to stress over the rehearsal dinner too. This is an informal party meant to help your guests get to know each other before the actual wedding – so you shouldn’t over-plan
- Make sure you have a lot of toasts. They will break the ice, they will be entertaining and they will make your guests feel much more at ease with each other (thus, they will be much less stressed out when they will have to give the actual toast at the wedding).
- Don’t stay up too long. OK, you want this dinner to be special – but keep in mind that most of the guests (you included!) will have a long day ahead of them so finishing off earlier will actually be better for everyone.
- Plan some fun activities. Games, slideshows, dancing – make sure your guests are entertained and that they feel good even if this is not the “Big Day” itself. They will definitely love to spend some quality time with their soon-to-be married friends and/or relatives!
And if you want the wedding to be really special, don’t forget to stop by Vintage Carriage Company. We hold a gorgeous collection of wedding carriages for rent, so you will have a lot of options when it comes to your “royal” means of transportation for the Big Day. Come, take a look around and we guarantee our carriages will make this moment even more unique!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Paul Kehrer