Notes from the Carriage Trade
If you are interested in bridal beauty seasonal tips, you have come to the right place. We have put together some of the most important things you should keep in mind when it comes to this topic – so that you can truly shine on your Big Day. Read on and find out the best bridal beauty seasonal tips!
- Now that spring is here, it is time for you to “shed off” that extra layer of “winter skin”. Use an efficient body scrub in the shower, but make sure it is gentle and that it will not irritate your skin. Also, don’t forget to use a pumice stone for your feet as well. Even if you don’t want to wear sandals on your Big Day, you will definitely want to feel gorgeous from head to toes.
- As soon as the warm weather kicks in, start applying oil-free sun protection moisturizer. Although it may seem that a natural bronze is the perfect accessory to a white wedding gown, the truth is that the UV rays are your worst enemy. Not only do they cause the skin to grow older faster than the usual, but they can cause serious illnesses as well! Furthermore, don’t forget to use a lip balm with sun protection too – your lips need just as much care as your skin does!
- Get rid of all the expired makeup products and start investing in new ones. Shimmery palettes work wonderfully with bridal looks, so you might want to invest in a high quality one at least. Also, don’t forget to invest in quality blotting papers and to pack some with you on your wedding day too. They will definitely be a life-saver when it comes to getting rid of that oily appearance caused by warm weather.
If you want to feel like a princess on your Big Day, come take a look at the wonderful carriages offered by Vintage Carriage Company. From fairy-tale Cinderella carriages to classy carriages, we have everything you may be looking for!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ashley MacKinnon
2015 wedding photo trends include a wide variety of options you can choose from. If you want your wedding photo album to turn out perfect, make sure to talk to your photographer about the photo styles you want to include in it. And if you are searching for some ideas and trends to incorporate in your wedding photo album, make sure to read on and inspire yourself!
- 2015 wedding photo trends make no exception from the last year’s trends and they include photos for every single part of your wedding: from the “getting ready” part to the moment you bid farewell to your guests.
- For the getting ready photo, take into consideration including a photo that shows your garter. It doesn’t have to be an actually boudoir photo if you don’t feel comfortable with it. For instance, you could ask your photographer to shoot a photo of the shoes, bouquet and garter together.
- Don’t forget about the wedding gown portrait too! This year, designers have flooded the catwalks with off-the-shoulder designs – but even if you settle for a different type of dress, you should still include its portrait in your album.
- 2015 appears to be all about “action” even when it comes to wedding photography and videography. Many professionals in this field have started using drones to shoot very artistic, aerial photos for their couples. Also, if you are thinking of a wedding video too, a GoPro camera would help your videographer create something that truly captures the essence of your Big Day.
If you want this day to be truly special, don’t forget about taking into consideration a wedding carriage too. Here at Vintage Carriage Company, we provide brides and grooms with fantastic carriage designs for the most special day of their lives – and you could be one of them too! Contact us and find out more about our wedding carriages and how you can get one for your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Katsunojiri
The new year is here and we are all very happy to see how the world of wedding flower trends for 2015 is changing right in front of our eyes. Wedding trends are absolutely amazing this year and they will provide each bride with plenty of options to choose from when it comes to her Big Day. If you are planning your wedding too and if you want to learn more about this year’s flower trends, take a look at the following ideas.
- Simple bouquets and centerpieces. One of the trends everyone seems to love is simplicity. All-white and one-colored bouquets are a huge hit this year – and honestly, we can understand why. Elegant, classy and extremely stylish, flower arrangements made out of one type of flower are absolutely superb!
- Pastel colors. As you would expect it with spring already here, pastel colors are making a comeback on the wedding industry’s “stage” as well. Incorporating creamy pastels into your bouquet and arrangements works perfectly with spring and summer weddings, but it can work just as well with a fall wedding too.
- At the other end of the wedding trends spectrum, we see how many wedding designers have chosen opulence for their florals. Blooming bouquets, tall vases and luxurious arrangements are all very trendy this year.
- Flower crowns. Once the staple of bohemian brides, flower crowns are more and more popular with other types of brides as well. Ask your florist to create something that fits your dress and your wedding style and you will feel absolutely amazing.
- Wild bouquets. For those of you planning on a DIY, rustic, vintage or shabby-chic wedding, wild bouquets are great news. Garden roses, sweet peas and other “wild” flowers will look absolutely gorgeous both incorporated in your bouquet and in your flower arrangements too.
- Violet and purple. Dark plum, coral, lavender and butter yellow flowers are expected to be a huge trend this year too. They work with very elegant weddings, but they can be incorporated in less formal weddings as well.
- Blue flowers are expected to be very popular as well. However, make sure you choose the right shade of blue for your florals. Aqua, navy and royal blue are among the most appreciated ones – and they look splendid on flowers too!
- For many of you, incorporating wool in your bouquets and table centerpieces may sound like an odd idea. But as it appears, 2015 is going to be very fond of the cozy appeal wool creates around wedding florals. This is the perfect way to wrap your winter wedding bouquet, but wool can be incorporated in your wedding in many other ways.
- Foliage, branches and vines. Aside from actual flowers, this year designers will be very keen on incorporating foliage, branches and vines into the flower arrangements too. Wild, natural and beautiful, these non-floral elements can complement almost any type of wedding out there.
- Edible elements can be very well incorporated into flower arrangements too! From baby apples to raspberries, there’s a large number of fruits that look stunning when paired with the right flowers – and you might want to take inspiration from this idea as well.
Don’t forget to stop by Vintage Carriage Company too! We have a beautiful collection of wedding carriages available for you – and most of them can be decorated to suit your favorite wedding flowers trends for 2015 as well. Come visit us and take a look at our carriages!
Photo source: flickr.com/ jerine
Wondering what the color of the year 2015 is when it comes to weddings? We have gathered some of the most popular colors for the year that has just started – so if you need some inspiration when it comes to what colors to use for your own Big Day, make sure to read on and find out more!
- This is a newcomer to the wedding industry “stage”, but it has won everyone’s hearts – and for this reason, many have said that it is the “color of the year 2015”. Delicate and yet bold, in between pastels and bright colors and in between “energy” and “calmness”, this is a wonderful choice you can pair with creamy whites, nudes and many other colors. Even more than that, works great both for wedding décor and for bridesmaids’ dresses too!
- Lucite green. This color will remind you of the “mint green” that has been so popular over the past couple of years. However, Lucite green reminds more of the deep ocean greens, it is even more calm than its “sibling” and much more transparent too. Again, this color works excellently with a wide range of other colors (from white to classic blue – another popular 2015 color) and with a wide range of wedding themes as well.
- Tangerine yellow. If you want a wedding that is bold and full of energy, this is the it color to go for this year. Vibrant, positive and youthful, tangerine yellow is indeed a daring choice –so make sure you pair it with a pastel or nude if you want to create a classy, elegant décor.
Vintage Carriage Company can help you feel like a true princess on your wedding day! Rent one of our fabulous carriages, decorate it with your favorite flowers and create memories that will last for a lifetime!
Photo source: flickr.com/ SAN_DRINO