Notes from the Carriage Trade
If you are planning to invite kids at your wedding and if you are searching for some awesome wedding favors for kids, you have come to the right place. We have put together some of the cutest and most beautiful wedding favors for kids ideas – so make sure to read on if you need some inspiration.
Mini-caramel apples. Kids love caramel apples and offering them such a sweet treat will definitely put a huge smile on their faces. Give your caramel apples a fun, childish twist by making them as little as possible (you can simply “scoop” out bite-sized pieces of apple) and by adding colored sprinkles to the mix too.
- Oreo pops. This is another sweet treat that can work wonderfully as wedding favors for kids. Simply push a stick in a double-stuffed Oreo and toss everything through colored sprinkles. If you want to, the sprinkles can be in the same colors as your wedding scheme so that everything matches beautifully.
- Coloring book kits. You can very easily make your own coloring books (and you can even make them be centered around the idea of wedding, love and marriage). Simply bring together some exciting coloring pages and some crayons and you’ll give the young guests a really fun activity to dwell into during the wedding!
- Sand toys. If you plan on having a beach wedding, you could use a mini-bucket of sand toys as wedding favors for kids. They will have a lot of fun playing in the sand!
If you want your wedding to be truly special, don’t forget about stopping by Vintage Carriage Company too. We rent out fabulous wedding carriages that make brides and groom feel like true royalties. From Cinderella carriages to elegant, stylish carriages, we have something for every type of wedding out there!
Photo source: flickr.com/ .Great Grandpa & Grandma T.
Making mistakes is absolutely human – and obviously, money mistakes make absolutely no exception from this rule. As newlyweds though, you are much more likely to make certain financial mistakes that will affect your future together.
What are some of the most common money mistakes newlyweds make and why avoid them from the very beginning? Read here and find out more.
- Drowning in the post-wedding debt. Yes, weddings do cost a lot – but it is important that you have a rational, mature approach when it comes to this. Create a budget from the very beginning, stick to it and, if you happen to go overboard, make sure you know how to deal with the consequences too. Pay off your debt as soon as possible and you will be much more stress-free!
- Not saving money for the rainy days. Things may seem very golden right now (and that’s actually normal!), but you should always be prepared for the rainier days too. Save some money for unexpected emergencies and you will save yourself the trouble of having to borrow money from friends or to use your credit card excessively.
- Not making a budget. No, budgeting is not done with “I Do” and ignoring it afterwards is one of the worst money mistakes newlyweds make. In fact, that’s just the “training”. Creating a budget every month is crucial if you want to have a good communication with your husband or wife and if you want to make sure your money is well split among all the costs you have to meet.
If you are still planning your wedding and if you want to pamper yourself with a “royal” treatment on this very important day of your life, make sure to visit Vintage Carriage Company. Our carriages will definitely make you feel like a true royalty on your Big Day and they will definitely add a lot to your wedding’s uniqueness!
Photo source: flickr.com/ WalterPro4755
Why choose a wedding planner over a wedding coordinator? These days, there are a lot of service providers that can help you plan the Big Day and choosing the right one can make the whole difference in the world.
What is the difference between a wedding planner and a wedding coordinator and why would you choose the first over the latter? Read on and find out more.
- A wedding planner usually provides services that cover a broader area of expertise. Depending on the package you sign up for, a wedding planner will help you with a lot of wedding planning-issues. For instance, there are wedding planners that will only help you with the décor and wedding planners that will give you a “blueprint” on how to plan your wedding and advise you only when you are confused about certain things. Also, there are full-service planners that will help you plan the wedding from A to Z.
- A coordinator normally focuses on very specific parts of the wedding. For example, there are wedding coordinators who only help with the wedding dress search, coordinators that only help with the wedding registry, and so on.
- Why choose a wedding planner over a wedding coordinator, though? The main reason is related to the fact that a planner can make everything much easier for you. While coordinators can be really qualitative when it comes to the service they offer and while hiring one will benefit you up to a certain extent, a wedding planner will have the expertise to help you plan every detail of your wedding in a hassle-free way.
Regardless of whether you choose to hire a wedding planner, a wedding coordinator or to do everything on your own, remember that this day should be 100% special. Renting one of the carriages offered by Vintage Carriage Company is a great option when it comes to this, so make sure you do it if you want your Big Day to be really unforgettable!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Jose and Roxanne
Writing your wedding vows should be seen as more than just a “trend” in the wedding world. After all, these are not just “words” – they are the rules, the foundation and the very core of the future marriage as well.
Is writing your own wedding vows a truly good idea, though? Should you or shouldn’t you do it? Here are some tips to help you decide.
- Most people would advise you to go for it. And the main reason they would do that is related to the fact that writing your own wedding vows will give you the chance to “personalize” the core beliefs on which you want to build your future marriage. In the end, we are all different and this means that we all see marriage and love differently too.
- Moreover, writing your own wedding vows is incredibly romantic and it will provide you with the chance to surprise your loved one with a true “love letter” written just for him/her. This will make for an emotional moment everyone at the ceremony will absolutely love.
- If you want a religious wedding, you might find it that certain religions do not allow their followers to actually write their very own wedding vows. If that is the case for you, think of how much this means to you: is it something you can live without or would you much rather find a religious community in which you can get married and be allowed to write your own wedding vows?
Regardless of whether or not you choose to write your own wedding vows, you will definitely want your wedding day to be magic from all points of view. And renting a horse drawn carriage is one of THE best ways to make yourself feel amazing on your wedding day. Contact Vintage Carriage Company and take a look at our carriages – you will definitely love our options!
Photo source: flickr.com/ JW Marriott Guanacaste