Notes from the Carriage Trade
If you are among those for whom fashion really matters, you will want your wedding to fit into the 2014 trends. Summer is almost over and, soon enough, fall and winter will come in full throttle. Even if it does not necessarily snow, temperatures will still drop and fashion trends will still change â€“ even when it comes to weddings. If you want your 2014 fall/winter wedding to be trendy, you should follow the next tips:
- Wedding dresses still come in a wide variety, but it seems that the fashion industry now loves ivory whites, dusty pinks and merlot red bouquets or green-white bouquets with wooden accents. Lovely combination that will surely make you look gorgeous!
- The bridal makeup and hairstyle trends this year are very simple to understand too. Go for full-of-volume hair and for deep red, berry lips and you are about to look just as the models on the fashion show runaways!
- As for the bridesmaidsâ€™ dresses, this yearâ€™s going pretty dark. Luscious, deep purples, very dark blue (on the border to black) and even black itself are the colors that dominate the runaways. Furthermore, lace is a much appreciated fabric for these dresses in 2014, so make sure your bridesmaids are up to date with the trends too!
- The wedding arrangements are a lot about greens and whites, combined with wooden accents and dusty pastels. They look gorgeous together, as green will add freshness and dusty pastels will add that feminine touch that goes so well with weddings!
- The wedding cakes are fully white this year, but theyâ€™ve got something to sparkle too. Metallic accents are all the â€œfussâ€ when it comes to bridal cakes and, truth be told, they look absolutely stunning in their simplicity!
And, if there is one thing that never truly gets out of fashion, then that should be wedding carriages. Hire a carriage for your wedding and feel like a princess with your prince! Contact the Vintage Carriage Company because we have a nice selection of carriages that will take you back in time and further into the future on your way to the most important â€œI Doâ€ in your life!
Photo source: theweddingsource.com
Ever since we are born, we are told fairytales where the princess finally meets her prince and they live happily ever after. When we grow up, the world wants us to believe that fairytales are just mere stories for bedtime. But, in fact, they are just as real as your flesh and meat.
Fairytales in real life may differ a bit from those in the books you were read when you were little. Your prince may not always come on a white horse to wake you up from a long sleep â€“ but he will definitely wake up in you feelings you never thought you have. He may not save you from an apple stuck in your throat â€“ but he will definitely save you from a life lived without your one true love.
The biggest piece of evidence that fairytales are as real as it gets are none others than weddings. For everyone present, these events are magical and if you want your big day to be torn out of a bedtime story, then you will definitely want to feel like a princess from the very moment your wedding starts and to the moment you leave for your new home as a queen. Here are some things that can help you do this:
- Choose the most beautiful dress, but do bear in mind that it should be the one suitable for YOU and not necessarily the latest runaway design.
- Donâ€™t stress out too much â€“ after all, royalties donâ€™t stress out! It may be better to purchase wedding planning services because those people really know what they are doing and they will put every detail together with great care.
- Last, but definitely not least, hire a carriage because there is really nothing else in the world to make you feel more like a royalty than an actual carriage to get you to the most important event of your life!
For more information on how to hire a carriage service, check out with Vintage Carriage Company. Weâ€™ve got a superb collection of carriages ready to make you feel blue-blooded in an instant!
Photo credit: flickr.com/Phil Hawksworth
Your QuinceaÃ±era is a once in a lifetime event â€“ it marks the transition from girlhood to womanhood, and is probably the biggest party a woman will ever celebrate, other than her wedding day.
So why not be a princess for your QuinceaÃ±era, and indulge your childhood fantasies one last time!
Your QuinceaÃ±era dress is a big deal. Usually a long, pink gown; you decide which style and colour you feel best represents your personality. For a princess-themed party, choose a sparkling dress with a long train or a ballgown with a big skirt. Pink is still a popular colour, but why not take inspiration from Disneyâ€™s Frozen and choose an icy blue hue instead.
Princess hair is long hair, no question about it. If you donâ€™t have naturally flowing locks, get some clip in hair extensions for your big day, or attach a hairpiece to the crown of your head for extra volume.
The make up
If you are going for the princess look, only the shimmeriest, glitteriest make up will do. Choose sparkly eye shadow in a metallic colour, and shimmering pink lip gloss for a classic, girly look.
How you arrive at your QuinceaÃ±era is everything. And for a princess theme, there is no better way to arrive than in a horse drawn carriage. Choose from a range of different styles of carriage, then simply step in, arrange your skirts, and relax.
Dance like a princess with a good DJ or live band. Take a few ballroom dancing classes before the big day, so you really look the part.
Keep it sparkly, diamante and OTT for a princess themed QuinceaÃ±era. And whatever you do, donâ€™t forget your tiara.
If youâ€™re looking for a traditional horse drawn carriage to complete your princess look, check out what we have to offer at the Vintage Carriage Company.
Since you were a little girl you dreamed of riding up to your groom in a horse drawn carriage..just like the royals do.Â So why not make your entire wedding around that theme?Â The settings, the royal wedding dress, to the decorations, you can make it feel like a royal wedding.
Royal weddings are easy to emulate as long as you keep in mind that amazing atmosphere and the setting they have.
- Send invites that begin with “I am commanded by the Queen to invite you.”
- Hire a horse drawn carriage as your wedding day transport.
- Book a reception hall with a balcony and be “presented” to your guests from it.
- When forming the receiving line, simply bow and curtsey instead of the common hug or hand shake.
- Why not have a 21 gun salute?Â This is true royal flare.
You need not worry too much about the details when you have Vintage Carriage Company by your side because we’ve helped several couples pull off a true “royal wedding.” Therefore, do not hesitate; let Vintage Carriage Company come to your rescue for that special day.