Choosing a wedding color is a great way to make sure your wedding will look well-balanced and elegant. However, making this decision is not always as easy as it seems and it can be a true headache for many of the brides out there. How do you do it? How do you choose one or two wedding colors? Here are some tips to help you out:
- What kind of atmosphere do you want to create? This will give you a broad idea as to what kind of color palettes you should be looking into. Do you want your wedding to look vintage, romantic and graceful? Pastels will be a great option. Do you want to be bold, to make a statement? Choose brighter colors.
- What is your wedding theme? What about the season? Your wedding theme and your wedding season should help you narrow down the list of options. Certain colors look really great with very specific themes (such as dusty pink and vintage weddings, for example). Also, your wedding season might provide you with some inspiration too (yellow and orange tones for fall weddings, light green and pastels for spring, various shades of blue and tan for summer, white and “icy” colors for winter, etc.).
- Check out the trends. Although you shouldn’t guide yourself based on the wedding trends only, they can be great sources of inspiration. Wedding trends can help you decide on very particular shades of the colors you want for your wedding and they can give you an idea on how to combine them with other colors too.
If you want this day to be perfect from all points of view, don’t forget to hire a carriage too! Vintage Carriage Company holds a wide range of spectacular carriages meant to suit your wedding theme and colors perfectly. Come visit us and learn more about our Northern California carriage rentals!
Photo source: flickr.com/ travila87
We all know what a big moment being proposed to is. We also know that the moment you say “Yes” is also the first moment of your wedding planning process as well. However excited (or stressed out) you might be about the approaching Big Day and however amazing you want your wedding to turn out, there are certain things you should definitely not do right away. What are the 5 most important things not to do after the engagement? Read on and find out more.
- Don’t move. Not right after the engagement and not anytime between the engagement and the wedding. Moving and getting married are considered to be two of the most stressful events in people’s lives – so you definitely don’t want them to “explode” both at the same time.
- Don’t get a dog (and don’t do anything that might change your usual schedule in any way). You really want to make sure you allow some spare time for the wedding planning. Making a big change in your life (such as getting a puppy for example) would be the exact opposite of “saving your time”.
- Speaking of savings, don’t over-spend. It might be tempted to get away with your fiancé and travel to Paris, but the truth is that saving the money would be a much safer bet. Your wedding will be very expensive as it is, even without spending on a lot of other things.
- Don’t rush into buying the very first wedding gown that comes your way. Shop around, try on as many gowns as possible and decide on that which truly suits your style. Even more, once you have bought a dress, stop shopping for wedding gowns because it will only give you second thoughts. Of course, if you want to wear two or more dresses, you are more than free to continue your shopping. But if you don’t plan on doing this, stop once you have found “the one”.
- Don’t postpone thinking of the smaller things. You might not have booked your venue yet and you probably have no idea what food you will serve at the wedding, but you can still work on the small things. For instance, you could try making a playlist for your DJ or you could try and think of wedding favors too.
Don’t forget to take into consideration the option of hiring a carriage for your Big Day! Here at Vintage Carriage Company, we can provide you with a splendid variety of carriages to make you feel like a true princess!
Regardless of whether this is your one-year anniversary or your 25th, you will want this day to be special. Surprising the love of your life with a romantic idea will be absolutely amazing for him/her – so do not hesitate to do it!
If you are running short on romantic anniversary ideas, here are some that may help you out:
- Cook a delicious candlelit dinner. True, this is an all-time classic but the reason it’s still so popular is because it’s actually romantic. Even if you are not an experienced “chef”, you will still be able to cook something tasty and to create a romantic atmosphere. All you need is genuine willingness to surprise your love and a bit of know-how gathered from books and the Internet.
- A house full of flowers. Who doesn’t love flowers? Order your wife’s favorite flowers and decorate the entire living room with them. She will most definitely love the idea!
- Do something silly and childish. Take your spouse out for an ice cream and cotton candy at the amusement park that is closer to you. Have some childish fun and shoot some pictures too.
- Create a slideshow with your favorite pictures. You can choose pictures from the wedding as well as other pictures too. Bring them together in a nice slideshow and make sure to include your “first dance” song as the soundtrack for your little anniversary movie. He/she will surely be touched!
- Spoil your special someone. Offer your spouse an entire day of “special treatments”. Bring him/her breakfast in bed, rent a carriage to take you away for dinner at a fancy restaurant, exchange gifts and make this day feel completely different than all the other days of your life as a couple.
If you are searching for a carriage to make your loved one feel special on your anniversary, don’t hesitate to contact Vintage Carriage Company. We have a wide range of carriages for all styles – and we would be more than happy to be part of your romantic surprise too!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Beraldo Leal
Weddings tend to be surrounded in superstition and tradition – and many couples choose to stick with the old-school customs when it comes to their Big Day. However, if you don’t want to do certain things, there’s nobody who should tell you that you are “not allowed” to do it your own way.
For example, not seeing the bride before the wedding ceremony is one of the most popular traditions even today. According to this superstition, seeing the bride will bring bad luck for the couple. Before you decide on anything, you should definitely know that there are a lot of reasons you should not necessarily stick to this custom. Why? Here are some of the things that might make you change your mind:
- Both you and your husband-to-be will look at your best. Your makeup, your hair and his bow-tie may get slightly ruined throughout the ceremony and throughout the reception, so if you want to shoot some perfect pictures before is the perfect time.
- Don’t keep your guests waiting and shoot the photos before the ceremony. Many brides choose to have their photo shooting in between the ceremony and the reception. However, if you want to save some time and if you don’t want your guests to wait for you to shoot the photos, you can always choose to allow your groom to see you before walking down the aisle.
- You can spend some really beautiful moments together. Sure, you may have the rest of your life to do this as well, but this particular moment will be one of those you will always remember.
- You will feel more relaxed. Everyone understands just how much pressure is put on the shoulders of a bride. Allowing your groom to see you all dressed-up before the ceremony will help you (and him!) shed off some of that nervousness.
- The moment your groom will see you the first time as a bride will be pure magic! Allow him to see you before the ceremony and your photographer will shoot some really emotional pictures.
And if you want your wedding to be even more magical than it already is, don’t forget to give Vintage Carriage Company a call as well. From fairy tale-like Cinderella carriages to really elegant carriages, we can provide you with a wide range of means of transportation for your Big Day. Come and book one of our beauties and you’ll feel like real princess!
Photo source: flickr.com/Corey Ann
Few other things are more commonly associated with romance and with “they lived happily ever after” than the famous Disney movies. From Cinderella to Snow White, almost all Disney movies have something purely romantic in them.
- This is probably why Disney gets so much associated with weddings as well. If you want a Disney-like wedding and if you want to be the “princess” for a night at least, read on and inspire yourself from the following tips. You’ll definitely love them!
- Disney cake toppers. There are a lot of Disney couples dear to our hearts – and you can bring them to your wedding right on top of your cake. Pick your favorite couple and get cake toppers that look like them. Make sure you choose a couple that really symbolizes something for your love story!
- Glass slippers. Cinderella is probably one of the most romantic love stories ever told. Instead of your traditional white shoes, get a pair of glass slippers just like hers. They will look stunning and they will really make you feel like one of the most famous Disney princesses.
- Get a pumpkin carriage. Yes, you can actually do that! If you want to add this special twist to your wedding, don’t linger anymore on making this decision because it will definitely be worth it. There’s nothing to say “fairytale wedding” more than a Cinderella carriage!
Vintage Carriage Company can provide you with this type of carriage. Because we really want to make brides happy, we have come up with a carriage that actually looks as if it was torn from Disney’s Cinderella. Beautifully created and really gracious, this carriage will make you feel as if you are part of the story – and as if your own love story is no less worthy of becoming just as famous as Cinderella’s. Contact us and learn more about this!