Since weddings can be very expensive, a lot of you may be interested in learning budget tips that will help you create and plan the wedding you have always dreamed of without leaving a hole in your budget as newlyweds either. What are some of the very best budget tips from real couples? Read on and inspire yourself:
- Don’t rush. Although most couples get married approximately one year after their engagement, the truth is that there’s no “rule book” to tell you that you absolutely have to do so. Leaving more time between the engagement and the wedding will allow you to plan everything more carefully, it will allow you to keep the stress levels lower and it will also allow you to save more money.
- You can’t be perfect and you can’t please absolutely everyone. Sure, you can try and that’s perfectly fine. However, remember that many times, trying to be “too perfect” comes with a harsh price: a lot of stress and, most likely, spending a lot of money trying to please everyone. Accept that your wedding may have its little flaws and you will save yourself the trouble and the money that come with the so-called “perfect weddings”. Be flexible, stop focusing on the most minute details (e.g. the napkins on the tables) and take everything with a smile on your face – it will help sticking to your budget too.
- Buy wedding décor that will look good in your house. The last thing you want is to spend thousands of dollars for décor objects you will only be using once. When creating the décor, imagine how it will look in your home first. Even more, don’t leave out the option of selling your wedding décor once the Big Day is over.
Last, but definitely not least, decide with your future husband or wife on the things you can “skimp” on and on the things you can “splurge” on. And if you decide that you have always wanted a special “ride” for your wedding, don’t hesitate to contact Vintage Carriage Company! Our marvelous carriages will make the day even more special for you!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Brian Tomlinson
Many couples choose to have an elegant horse carriage for their Big Day. After all, this is understandable precisely because tying the knot is one of the most important events in someone’s life. Because it marks the beginning of a whole new “era” for couples, most of them will be more than willing to do anything in their power to make this day truly special.
And one amazing way to make your wedding unforgettable is by hiring an elegant horse carriage to take you from the wedding. Why would you do this? Here are some of the most common reasons for which people choose to rent their own carriages for their Big Day:
- It’s simply glamorous. There’s something timeless, beautiful and absolutely romantic about a horse-drawn carriage. Somewhere in between “royalty” and “fairy tale”, a carriage will give you the feeling that this day is amazingly special.
- An elegant horse carriage carriage looks stunning in photos. If you want a wedding photo album that’s genuinely remarkable, imagine yourself “riding away into the sunset” with the love of your life, in a horse-drawn carriage. Now, that’s an image you will definitely want to share with your children and grand-children years from now!
- There’s a very wide range of carriages available for rental. From carriages that are inspired by the romantic Cinderella story to carriages that look elegant and royal, there’s something for every type of wedding and for every type of couple as well. Regardless of what your wedding theme may be, you will surely be able to find a horse-drawn carriage that tells your amazing love story like nothing else!
If you are searching for a stunning carriage in Northern California, do not hesitate to contact Vintage Carriage Company. We hold an impressive and absolutely gorgeous collection of horse-drawn carriages that will simply amaze you so do not hesitate to come and take a look at them!
What are the most important things you need to do after you get back from your honeymoon? If this is a question that’s bothering you, then you should know that you have come to the right place. We have created a list containing some of the essential things you need to do after you get back from your honeymoon, so make sure to read on and find out more about this.
• Send out the Thank You notes. Nobody will expect you to write Thank You notes from a beach in Bali, but once you get home, you should really take care of this issue. After all, your friends and family came a long way for your wedding and they do deserve your appreciation! Also, if you have guests that couldn’t make it to the wedding, don’t forget to arrange a meeting with them too!
• Sort out the gifts. See what you will keep, where and how you will keep it and see what you would like to return or change as well. This may take a bit of time, but try not to postpone it too much because eventually you may not be able to return some of the gifts you may not want. Furthermore, if you have received money as gifts, make sure to sit down with your spouse and make a plan.
• Change your name. If you have decided to take your spouse’s name, keep in mind that the entire name change process can be quite tiresome and that it does involve a generous amount of paperwork. Thus, make sure to start the process as soon as possible!
If you are still planning for the Big Day, don’t forget to hire a marvelous carriage as well! It will surely make you feel really special on this important day of your life! Here at Vintage Carriage Company, we can provide you with a beautiful range of carriages to choose from – so do not hesitate to contact us to find out more!
Photo source: flickr.com/ amy.gizienski
Create a timeline for your wedding day and you will be able to stick to your plans and lower the amount of stress that comes with such an important event too. If you don’t know how to do this exactly, here are some tips to help you create a timeline for your wedding day:
- While this may depend a lot on a variety of factors, you should generally allow about 30 minutes for each bridesmaid that has to get her hair done and 45 minutes for each maid that has to have her makeup done. Furthermore, allow 2 hours for yourself as the bride and make sure you double the “travel time” if you have to go to a salon instead of calling the makeup artist and hairstylist over.
- You should be at your ceremony site with about one hour before the wedding begins. Also, the groom and his groomsmen should be there about one and a half hours before the ceremony begins as well.
- Make sure the ceremony does not last more than 30 minutes. Also, take into consideration the fact that a receiving line will take about 15 minutes for 100 guests and 20 minutes for up to 150 guests. If you have more guests than that, you might want to consider skipping the receiving line.
- The reception usually lasts for approximately 6 hours and you should not allow more than one hour between it and the ceremony. It will take about 2-3 minutes/shot to take pictures with your family and wedding party so one hour should be more than enough.
If you want your wedding day transportation to be truly torn out of a fairy tale, make sure to visit Vintage Carriage Company. Our beautiful carriages are here, at your disposal – and they will definitely make you feel really amazing on your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ colmsurf
Few love stories are as heart-warming and beautiful as that of Cinderella and Prince Charming. From the magic that allowed the two of them to meet to the quest for a shoe’s owner, everything about this story yells “romance” and “happy-end”.
It’s only natural then that so many brides and grooms wan their very own Cinderella and Prince Charming story. While you may not be able to put mice at work for your wedding gown, there are plenty of other things you can do to infuse your wedding with some of that Disney magic we all love. Here are some of the most beautiful ones:
- Wear a princess gown. Make sure you take your time when choosing the wedding dress so that you truly feel like a princess on your Big Day. Of course, a ball gown dress is probably the most “Disney-like” choice you can make. However, if you feel that other designs would suit you better, don’t be afraid to create your very own “Princess Style”.
- Sprinkle your wedding with “Cinderella” and Disney-inspired décor and moments. Wear a gorgeous pair of shoes and have your bridesmaids wear matching shoes too. Have a giant wedding cake inspired by the Disney movies. Name your tables after your favorite Disney characters.
- Have a First Dance torn out of Cinderella. There are literally hundreds of “Disney-esque” things you can bring into your wedding – all you have to do is use your creativity and you’ll definitely pull this off!
- Rent a carriage. If you want to feel 100% like Cinderella and Prince Charming for your special day, make sure you rent a carriage as well. This will add that “royal” feeling that’s simply impossible to replace with anything else.
If you are searching for your very own “Cinderella” carriage, make sure to contact Vintage Carriage Company. We can provide you with a carriage inspired by the famous story – as well as with other types of carriages too. Come visit our website and take a look at what we can offer! You’ll definitely love the options!