Making mistakes is absolutely human – and obviously, money mistakes make absolutely no exception from this rule. As newlyweds though, you are much more likely to make certain financial mistakes that will affect your future together.
What are some of the most common money mistakes newlyweds make and why avoid them from the very beginning? Read here and find out more.
- Drowning in the post-wedding debt. Yes, weddings do cost a lot – but it is important that you have a rational, mature approach when it comes to this. Create a budget from the very beginning, stick to it and, if you happen to go overboard, make sure you know how to deal with the consequences too. Pay off your debt as soon as possible and you will be much more stress-free!
- Not saving money for the rainy days. Things may seem very golden right now (and that’s actually normal!), but you should always be prepared for the rainier days too. Save some money for unexpected emergencies and you will save yourself the trouble of having to borrow money from friends or to use your credit card excessively.
- Not making a budget. No, budgeting is not done with “I Do” and ignoring it afterwards is one of the worst money mistakes newlyweds make. In fact, that’s just the “training”. Creating a budget every month is crucial if you want to have a good communication with your husband or wife and if you want to make sure your money is well split among all the costs you have to meet.
If you are still planning your wedding and if you want to pamper yourself with a “royal” treatment on this very important day of your life, make sure to visit Vintage Carriage Company. Our carriages will definitely make you feel like a true royalty on your Big Day and they will definitely add a lot to your wedding’s uniqueness!
Photo source: flickr.com/ WalterPro4755
Why choose a wedding planner over a wedding coordinator? These days, there are a lot of service providers that can help you plan the Big Day and choosing the right one can make the whole difference in the world.
What is the difference between a wedding planner and a wedding coordinator and why would you choose the first over the latter? Read on and find out more.
- A wedding planner usually provides services that cover a broader area of expertise. Depending on the package you sign up for, a wedding planner will help you with a lot of wedding planning-issues. For instance, there are wedding planners that will only help you with the décor and wedding planners that will give you a “blueprint” on how to plan your wedding and advise you only when you are confused about certain things. Also, there are full-service planners that will help you plan the wedding from A to Z.
- A coordinator normally focuses on very specific parts of the wedding. For example, there are wedding coordinators who only help with the wedding dress search, coordinators that only help with the wedding registry, and so on.
- Why choose a wedding planner over a wedding coordinator, though? The main reason is related to the fact that a planner can make everything much easier for you. While coordinators can be really qualitative when it comes to the service they offer and while hiring one will benefit you up to a certain extent, a wedding planner will have the expertise to help you plan every detail of your wedding in a hassle-free way.
Regardless of whether you choose to hire a wedding planner, a wedding coordinator or to do everything on your own, remember that this day should be 100% special. Renting one of the carriages offered by Vintage Carriage Company is a great option when it comes to this, so make sure you do it if you want your Big Day to be really unforgettable!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Jose and Roxanne
Writing your wedding vows should be seen as more than just a “trend” in the wedding world. After all, these are not just “words” – they are the rules, the foundation and the very core of the future marriage as well.
Is writing your own wedding vows a truly good idea, though? Should you or shouldn’t you do it? Here are some tips to help you decide.
- Most people would advise you to go for it. And the main reason they would do that is related to the fact that writing your own wedding vows will give you the chance to “personalize” the core beliefs on which you want to build your future marriage. In the end, we are all different and this means that we all see marriage and love differently too.
- Moreover, writing your own wedding vows is incredibly romantic and it will provide you with the chance to surprise your loved one with a true “love letter” written just for him/her. This will make for an emotional moment everyone at the ceremony will absolutely love.
- If you want a religious wedding, you might find it that certain religions do not allow their followers to actually write their very own wedding vows. If that is the case for you, think of how much this means to you: is it something you can live without or would you much rather find a religious community in which you can get married and be allowed to write your own wedding vows?
Regardless of whether or not you choose to write your own wedding vows, you will definitely want your wedding day to be magic from all points of view. And renting a horse drawn carriage is one of THE best ways to make yourself feel amazing on your wedding day. Contact Vintage Carriage Company and take a look at our carriages – you will definitely love our options!
Photo source: flickr.com/ JW Marriott Guanacaste
Like all brides in the world, you want your wedding day to be unforgettable – and you should definitely show off your personal style at your wedding too. Why is that and, more importantly, how can you add a bit of your own personality into the Big Day? Read on and find out more.
• Your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event and you should live it to the fullest. You should make sure that this day is just as much about you as it is about your future spouse and about your love story too. You should make this special day yours by bringing in your style, your personality and your sense of fashion into it. This way, both you and your guests will have the time of your lives.
• There are tons of ways in which you can show off your personal style at your wedding. From the flowers you pick to the cake toppers you buy, everything is quite easy to personalize these days. The hardest part is deciding exactly what are the things you want to “style up” and how to do this exactly.
• It is extremely important that you are creative with this. After all, your own creativity is the best part of your personal style and it will be that one thing that will make your wedding truly original. Think outside of the box and take wedding trends as a source of inspiration – not as absolutely “must-follow” rules of planning a wedding.
A wedding carriage is a wonderful way to show off your personal style at your wedding. And if you are searching for a beautiful carriage you can personalize according to your taste, Vintage Carriage Company is here for you. Come take a look at our carriage rentals and choose your favorite – it will definitely add a lot to your wedding day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Jessica_Branstetter
If you want to make your wedding stand apart, you will also have to pay attention to all the details that make for a truly unforgettable wedding. How to do this? Vintage Carriage Company has gathered some really great ideas to inspire you when you make your wedding stand apart from all the other weddings out there. Read on and find out more.
- Pre-ceremony cocktail hour. Who says you have to have the cocktail hour after the ceremony? To make your guests feel welcomed from the very beginning, having a pre-ceremony cocktail hour is essential. Furthermore, if you want to be even more unique than this, don’t forget to think about creating a special signature cocktail too. They will absolutely love it.
- Don’t wear white. Sure, white is the traditional color for brides – but what if you want to wear a different color? These days, wedding gown designers have come up with fabulous dresses that come in a huge array of colors (including, but not limited to silver, blue and even black!). If you fall in love with one of these gowns, there’s nobody to tell you that you can’t wear it for the Big Day.
- Rent a carriage. Want to feel like a true princess with her prince? Renting a carriage is a really great idea then. It will truly give you that feeling of “royalty” and “fairy tale” and it will make this day even more special than it already is.
And if you are searching for a beautiful wedding carriage to make your wedding stand apart from others, Vintage Carriage Company is at your disposal. Give us a call, take a look at our carriages and rent the one that suits your style the most. You will feel amazing for doing this!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Symic