Oh, weddings. There’s so much planning around the big day that sometimes brides feel overwhelmed by the large number of things they have to deal with. And yet, with all the planning and thinking, your wedding is not free of surprises.
It happens very frequently that couples wake up with unexpected guests at their wedding. Even though you will probably do everything in your power to avoid that, it is best to be prepared and to know how to deal with it in case it happens. Here are 5 tips on how to deal with surprise-guests at your wedding:
- Always take the “worst” case scenario into consideration. Thus, be prepared for at least 10 extra-guests for your big day and book a venue that has a capacity slightly larger than the number of people who have send their RSVPs.
- Also, keep in mind that you should have some extra plates of food and plenty of drinks to serve the unexpected guests as well. It would be terribly awkward for both of you to notice that you have nothing to serve them with!
- Some of the guests may arrive early at the ceremony/reception. Make sure you have some cocktails and/or snacks ready so that they don’t get bored.
- Other guests may be late as well. Most likely, this is not their fault and it will be related to some sort of transportation issue. If that happens, make sure you provide them with a phone number at which they can call once they land on the airport/arrive at the bus station.
- Keep some of your tables reserved for the late and unexpected guests. You don’t want them to feel odd because they can’t find a seat!
Other than that, enjoy your wedding. Late or unannounced as they may be, your surprise guests are there to be happy for you so make sure you show them all the hospitality you need. And if you want to feel treated as if you were royalty, do not hesitate to contact Vintage Carriage Company. Our stunning wedding carriages are torn straight out of fairy tales indeed!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Colin McMillen