We all know what a big moment being proposed to is. We also know that the moment you say “Yes” is also the first moment of your wedding planning process as well. However excited (or stressed out) you might be about the approaching Big Day and however amazing you want your wedding to turn out, there are certain things you should definitely not do right away. What are the 5 most important things not to do after the engagement? Read on and find out more.
- Don’t move. Not right after the engagement and not anytime between the engagement and the wedding. Moving and getting married are considered to be two of the most stressful events in people’s lives – so you definitely don’t want them to “explode” both at the same time.
- Don’t get a dog (and don’t do anything that might change your usual schedule in any way). You really want to make sure you allow some spare time for the wedding planning. Making a big change in your life (such as getting a puppy for example) would be the exact opposite of “saving your time”.
- Speaking of savings, don’t over-spend. It might be tempted to get away with your fiancé and travel to Paris, but the truth is that saving the money would be a much safer bet. Your wedding will be very expensive as it is, even without spending on a lot of other things.
- Don’t rush into buying the very first wedding gown that comes your way. Shop around, try on as many gowns as possible and decide on that which truly suits your style. Even more, once you have bought a dress, stop shopping for wedding gowns because it will only give you second thoughts. Of course, if you want to wear two or more dresses, you are more than free to continue your shopping. But if you don’t plan on doing this, stop once you have found “the one”.
- Don’t postpone thinking of the smaller things. You might not have booked your venue yet and you probably have no idea what food you will serve at the wedding, but you can still work on the small things. For instance, you could try making a playlist for your DJ or you could try and think of wedding favors too.
Don’t forget to take into consideration the option of hiring a carriage for your Big Day! Here at Vintage Carriage Company, we can provide you with a splendid variety of carriages to make you feel like a true princess!