Weddings tend to be surrounded in superstition and tradition – and many couples choose to stick with the old-school customs when it comes to their Big Day. However, if you don’t want to do certain things, there’s nobody who should tell you that you are “not allowed” to do it your own way.
For example, not seeing the bride before the wedding ceremony is one of the most popular traditions even today. According to this superstition, seeing the bride will bring bad luck for the couple. Before you decide on anything, you should definitely know that there are a lot of reasons you should not necessarily stick to this custom. Why? Here are some of the things that might make you change your mind:
- Both you and your husband-to-be will look at your best. Your makeup, your hair and his bow-tie may get slightly ruined throughout the ceremony and throughout the reception, so if you want to shoot some perfect pictures before is the perfect time.
- Don’t keep your guests waiting and shoot the photos before the ceremony. Many brides choose to have their photo shooting in between the ceremony and the reception. However, if you want to save some time and if you don’t want your guests to wait for you to shoot the photos, you can always choose to allow your groom to see you before walking down the aisle.
- You can spend some really beautiful moments together. Sure, you may have the rest of your life to do this as well, but this particular moment will be one of those you will always remember.
- You will feel more relaxed. Everyone understands just how much pressure is put on the shoulders of a bride. Allowing your groom to see you all dressed-up before the ceremony will help you (and him!) shed off some of that nervousness.
- The moment your groom will see you the first time as a bride will be pure magic! Allow him to see you before the ceremony and your photographer will shoot some really emotional pictures.
And if you want your wedding to be even more magical than it already is, don’t forget to give Vintage Carriage Company a call as well. From fairy tale-like Cinderella carriages to really elegant carriages, we can provide you with a wide range of means of transportation for your Big Day. Come and book one of our beauties and you’ll feel like real princess!
Photo source: flickr.com/Corey Ann